10 Things you have to know before you apply for Digital Nomad visa in Barcelona
Here are 10 things you should know before moving to Barcelona with a nomad digital visa:
1. Nomad digital visa eligibility: Barcelona offers a special visa for digital nomads, which allows you to work remotely from the city for up to a year. Before you move, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements for this visa.
2. Cost of living: Barcelona can be an expensive city to live in, particularly in the central areas. Be sure to research the cost of living and budget accordingly.
3. Language: While Spanish is the official language of Barcelona, many locals also speak Catalan. It's a good idea to learn some basic Spanish or Catalan before you move, as it can help you navigate everyday life and make connections with locals.
4. Housing: Finding affordable housing in Barcelona can be challenging, particularly in the city center. Consider renting a room in a shared apartment or using a co-living space to keep costs down.
5. Transportation: Barcelona has an excellent public transportation system, including buses, trains, and a metro system. You can also easily get around the city by bike or on foot.
6. Culture and lifestyle: Barcelona is a vibrant city with a rich history and culture. Take time to explore the city's many museums, galleries, and cultural attractions, as well as its nightlife and culinary scene.
7. Weather: Barcelona has a Mediterranean climate with mild winters and hot summers. Be prepared for the heat if you're moving during the summer months.
8. Health care: Spain has a public health care system that is available to residents and visitors. Make sure you have health insurance that covers you while you're in the country.
9. Work-life balance: Barcelona is known for its relaxed pace of life and emphasis on work-life balance. Take advantage of this by exploring the city, spending time outdoors, and making time for hobbies and other interests.
10. Visa requirements: Make sure you understand the requirements for obtaining and renewing your nomad digital visa, as well as any other visas you may need if you plan to travel outside of Spain during your stay.